Studio H:T’s Shipping Container House is, unsurprisingly, a house made from shipping containers – at least partially. But perhaps most impressive about the design is that it operates entirely off-grid.
First, let’s clear up where the shipping containers fit in. The taller central section (which is clearly wedge-shaped in plan view) is not a container. Nor is it fashioned from parts of containers. No, this specially-constructed space houses the living and dining areas, with some storage space above.
But two containers flank this central living space on either side, and these make up the Shipping Container House’s bedrooms and home office spaces – as well as the kitchen judging by the interior photography.
If the Shipping Container House does indeed constitute an entirely off-grid abode then this is the design’s main achievement – incorporating passive (i.e. non-mechanized) design approaches such as passive cooling and green roofs, while the building’s orientation and window design has attempted to minimize solar heat gain (the house is located in Colorado USA). It also appears some form of exterior cladding has been applied to the containers themselves in an additional effort to mitigate solar heating.
Power is provided by a pellet stove (so though the house may be off-grid, it isn’t entirely self-sufficient) and on-site photovoltaic solar power.
Previously on Gizmag, and potentially of interest to the container-inclined, the Port-a-bach shipping container mobile home, APHIDoIDEA’s 65-container education center plan, and Tsai Design’s shipping container classroom.
Packaging & Delivery
Packaging Detail: SEA WORTHY PACKING
Delivery Detail: AS PER OEDER QUANTITY
1,TUV CE certification
Guangzhou RichTown prefabricated container hotel is a modular and knock-down product. It is easy and fast to transport also reduce the transport cost.
1. Bolt connection. It is easy to installation at the site. It takes only 3 hours to finish the installation work for 4 skillful workers with simple tools.
2. Firm and safe. It resists wind of 10/ whole gale, earthquake measuring 8 magnitude. And fireproof degree of protection materials is B2.
3. Convenient package and transportation. They are considered when the house is designed. Either container or flat truck is available for transportation, and it also could be integrated packaging.
4. Waterproof. Roof is designed to be waterproof, and it doesn’t need to deal with water leaking.
5. Water and corrosion proof. Surface of the metal is sprayed after galvanizing.
6. Insulation. the middle material of the protection is polystyrene which is good at heat preservation.
7. Size and arrangement of the house could be changed as costumer’s requirement. Window, door and separation could be rearranged to make full use of space.